The correction of refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia with latest generation intraocular lenses (Premium Intraocular Lenses) is the perfect solution for many patients.
This technique is suitable in the following cases:
- If you have a high graduation that the excimer laser can not successfully reduce.
- If the cornea is too thin or has an irregular topography.
- If the crystalline lens has lost transparency and / or accommodative capacity.
The Intraocular lenses for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia can be implemented in different anatomical areas:
- In the anterior chamber (in front of the iris): these are the so called interior chamber intraocular phakic lens and iris fixation.
- In the posterior chamber (between the iris and the crystalline lens): they are called phakic intraocular posterior chamber lenses.
- Within the crystalline lens capsule: pseudophakic intraocular lens. These lens are suitable if the crystalline lens has lost transparency and / or accommodative capacity. To perform the implant the contents of the crystalline lens are dissolved and hoovered, replacing it with the new lens.
The advanced intraocular lenses for myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism have multifocal optical and correct far-sightedness, allowing you to see from up close and far away , without glasses. Toric intraocular lenses are indicated for correcting astigmatism and intraocular lenses with aspheric optics are useful for enhancing contrast and night vision.
The choice of most convenient intraocular lens is done by the surgeon together with the patient, after a careful evaluation of their anatomical and functional characteristics.
More information about the laser eye strain surgery and intraocular lens here